Side Event WS 04, MAXQDA 12 - Introduction
Workshop - Registration required
MAXQDA is a powerful tool, which makes it easy for you to organize, evaluate, and interpret qualitative and mixed methods data, create easy-to-read reports and visualizations, and connect and share with other researchers (www.maxqda.com). This workshop consists of a mixture of demonstrations and guided practice, focusing on the practical knowledge required for using MAXQDA for the analysis of qualitative data.
- Creating projects
- Preparing and importing documents
- Creating codes
- Coding document segments
- Assign code colours
- Doing text retrieval
- Creating and managing memos
- Further functions may be explained, e.g. working with standardized data (variables), MAXMaps for data visualization, Summary Grid to work with summaries or Smart Publisher for automatic reporting.
Expected Outcomes for Participants
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to prepare and import documents to be analyzed in MAXQDA. They will be familiar with the basic functions necessary for analyzing qualitative data, from creating and managing a code system to coding documents to retrieving coded segments. They can also use deeper analysis techniques and memos to hold and organize ideas and thoughts. They will be able to conduct simple and complex lexical searches and automatically code search results.
For all those, who have not yet worked with MAXQDA and want a hands-on, praxis-oriented introduction to computer-supported analysis of qualitative data.
Requirements - IMPORTANT
- You are only eligible to attend this workshop if you are registered as participant of ECER.
- Please bring your own laptop equipped with MAXQDA 12 (a 14-day trial version can be downloaded here).
Francisco Freitas - sociologist, researcher, and MAXQDA Professional Trainer
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.