|Date||11 - 12 June 2019|
|Venue||University of Seville, Seville, Spain|
|Organisation||Vicerrectorado de Relaciones Institutionales, Universidad de Sevilla|
The First International Conference: "Literacy as Social Practice"
takes place on 11th and 12th of June, 2019 at the University of Seville (Spain)
Proposals are welcome to contribute to the First International Conference on Literacy as
Social Practice. The aim of the Conference is to expand knowledge on the social role of
literacy in urban areas.
- Contributions may engage with any of the following topics:
1. Linguistic ethnography.
2. Collaborative ethnography.
3. Life narratives.
4. Multimodal and multilingual literacies.
5. Ethnographic approaches to digital literacy.
6. Literacy and identity.
- Plenary speakers
1. Cathy Burnett (Sheffield Hallam University, UK)
2. Julia Gillen (University of Lancaster, UK)
3. Uta Papen (University of Lancaster, UK)
Submission of abstracts: email@example.com
Abstract submission deadline: 15/04/2019
Please find more information here