Applicants are doctoral and advanced research students who primarily come from or study in EERA‘s member countries. Their thesis must relate to educational research. The focus of the summer school is on the phase of developing the research project. This means that the topic has been identified, the theoretical background is being elaborated and qualitative/mixed design appears to be appropriate. Preferably the participant should be a PhD/Doctoral student in the first or second year of his/her studies in order to most benefit from the summer school. In some cases, people who already have their PhD can attend the summer school - they should explain in their application how the the summer school would support them in their further research.
The application process includes:
- Abstract of your research (objectives and research questions of your PhD/Doctoral project; conceptual framework; intended methodology, methods, instruments; conclusions, expected outcomes or findings; motivation; references)
- Letter of endorsement from a current or former supervisor or other senior staff member
Please note that the abstract may be checked for plagiarism by using the Turnitin programme .
- Applications can be made beginning 1 January 2021: www.conftool.net/eerss2021/
- Application deadline: 31 January 2021
The Summer School will be held in English.
EERSS 2021, online will cost 30 € for Low GDP students and 50€ for High GDP students.
Please note that the crucial factor for the reduced Low GDP fee is not the country of origin but the country of residence.
As grounds for determing the GDP status of a country, EERA used the World bank data for 2017, GDP per capita. The threshold for low-GDP country status is an annual per capita GDP which is lower than 71% of the GDP of the total EU (for ECER 2019 this means less than $23.937,74 US).
- You can find the list of low GDP countries here.
- The registration of participation is binding.
- The participation fees are owed upon registration.
- If you pay via bank transfer, you may incur banking charges for international transactions. Please make sure that you cover these charges so that EERA receives full payment.
- Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee is received.
- Payments will be fully refunded if the conference is cancelled by the organiser. In that case, the organiser will have no further liability to the client. Registrations remain valid if the conference has to be postponed.
- The fee for the Summer School 2021 is 50 € for students currently living in a High GDP country and 30 € for students currently living in a Low GDP country.
- I understand that some general sessions (e.g. keynotes and panel discussions) may be live streamed and made available to the general public
- The summer school programme may be subject to change.
- Please register and pay by 31 March. In case of cancellation, you will get 80 % of your fees refunded up to 2 months prior to the Summer School and 50 % if you cancel up to 1 month prior to the conference. If you cancel later than one month before Summer School begin, your fee will not be refunded.
Due to COVID-19, the University of Jyväskylä postponed the EERA Summer School 2020 to 2021.
EERSS 2021 will take place online 14 - 16 June 2021. All applicants who were accepted to attend EERSS 2020 were eligible to attend EERSS 2021 if they registered by the deadline 30 November 2020.