18 SES 16, Invited Presentation: Claude Scheuer
The European Physical Education Association (EUPEA), as the umbrella association of physical education teacher associations in Europe, is promoting and advocating for physical education. The European Council for Research in Physical Education (CEREPS) is bringing together members from all over Europe involved in research related to physical education and physical activity in school settings. Both non-governmental associations are involved in innovative European projects by themselves or by their members.
In this session, trends in physical education and active schools will be presented based on the research and project activities of EUPEA and CEREPS and their members.
• A first part will give a short overview of political statements and recommendations on physical education and active schools.
• A second part will cover current developments and trends in physical education and active schools in EUPEA and CEREPS member countries.
• A third part will cover project activities of EUPEA in the frame of the Erasmus+ funding scheme of the European Commission.
• Based on the previously presented activities and trends, a final part will aim to derive implications for future research in the field of physical education and active schools.
After the presentation, all participants in the session will have the opportunity to engage in an open discussion around the topic of current trends in physical education and active schools.
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.