Applicants are doctoral and research students who primarily come from or study in EERA‘s member countries. Their research must relate to educational research. The summer school aims to support doctoral students interested in bringing participants' voices and actions to the core of educational research. Preferably the participant should be a PhD/Doctoral student in the first or second year of his/her studies in order to most benefit from the summer school. In some cases, people who already have their PhD can attend the summer school - they should explain in their application how the the summer school would support them in their further research.
The application process includes:
- Abstract of your research (objectives and research questions of your PhD/Doctoral project; conceptual framework; intended methodology, methods, instruments; conclusions, expected outcomes or findings; motivation; references)
- Letter of endorsement from a current or former supervisor or other senior staff member
- Applications can be made beginning 15 November 2023: https://www.conftool.net/eerss2024/
- Application deadline: 15 January 2024
All applications must be in English.
The Summer School will be held in English.
The fee for the Summer School 2024 is 330€ (students from High GDP countries in a shared/double room), 230€ (students from Low GDP countries in a shared/double room) or 175€ (local students or students with self-organised accommodation). The fee covers tuition, accommodation, breakfast (except for locals and self-organised) and lunch every day, as well as the social programme. Most participants will share a double room with another participant. A single room can be requested. The cost for a single room is 530€ (High GDP students) or 430€ (Low GDP students).
Participants must cover their travel costs and they are expected to participate actively throughout the duration of the summer school.
Please note that the crucial factor for the reduced Low GDP fee is not the country of origin but the country of residence.
As grounds for determing the GDP status of a country, EERA used the World bank data, GDP per capita. The threshold for low-GDP country status is an annual per capita GDP which is lower than 71% of the GDP of the total EU.
- You can find the list of low GDP countries here.
- The registration of participation is binding.
- The participation fees are owed upon registration.
- If you pay via bank transfer, you may incur banking charges for international transactions. Please make sure that you cover these charges so that EERA receives full payment.
- Participation is not guaranteed until full payment of the registration fee is received.
- Payments will be fully refunded if the conference is cancelled by the organiser. In that case, the organiser will have no further liability to the client. Registrations remain valid if the conference has to be postponed.
- The summer school programme may be subject to change.
- Please register and pay by 15 April. In case of cancellation, you will get 50 % of your fees refunded if you cancel up to 1 month prior to the Summer School. If you cancel later than one month before Summer School begin, your fee will not be refunded.
15 November 2023 - 15 January 2024
Information on acceptance
1 March 2024
2 March - 15 April 2024
1 - 5 July 2024