The objectives of the VETNET network in promoting a common European research culture are
- to promote the discussion and dissemination through mutual learning of research and the use of research results;
- to explore the relationship between research, policy and practice;
- to foster a high quality of research in the field of Vocational Education and Training; and
- to encourage cooperation among VET researchers in the European educational research area and beyond.
The Vocational Education and Training Network (VETNET) covers a broad range of research areas in vocational education and training (VET), such as:
- Comparison of VET cultures and Governance of VET systems
- Qualification frameworks, competence assessment
- Teachers' and trainers' professional development
- Careers, transitions and guidance & counselling
- Work-based learning, partnership of learning venues
- Social issues in VET and social impact of VET provisions
- Pedagogic support by digital media.