Network: 18. Research in Sports Pedagogy
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 15:15-16:45, Room: E5.21, Chair: Oliver Hooper
- Deconstructing and Challenging Sex-Stereotypes in Physical Education at French Preschool: The Beneficial Impact of an Emancipatory Didactical Design
- Gendered Physical Education in multi-ethnic schools: a didactical comparison of classroom interactions of two teachers during a handball unit.
Claire Debars Ingrid Verscheure
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 17:15-18:45, Room: E5.21, Chair: Antonio Calderón
- The lack of the physical ability “Rolling competence” in students of Primary Education
- The Discursive Constitution of Student «Ability» in Physical Education
- Do grading and assessment practices in Swedish physical education undermine the legitimacy of the subject?
Lilyan Vega María Alejandra Avalos Pablo Zarco
Erik Aasland Kristin Walseth Gunn Engelsrud
Tor Söderström Magnus Ferry Stefan Lund Karin Redelius
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: E5.21, Chair: Joao Costa
- The Influence of Consumerism on Spanish Physical Education Teachers
- Political Socialisation In Competitive Games Of Grassroots Youth Soccer: Exploring Political Norms In Coaching Behavior.
- Football academies and their legal environment in Hungary
Valeria Varea Gustavo González-Calvo David Hortigüela Alcalá
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 13:30-15:00, Room: E5.21, Chair: Göran Gerdin
- To Include The Invisible – An Interview Study Of Inclusive Physical Education And Pupils With Neurodevelopmental Disorders (NDD) And Their Peers
- DE(C)LUSION – Phenomena of exclusive practices within “inclusive” Physical Education
- Made to Move: A Physical Activity Intervention Programme for University Students
- How is inclusive Physical Education conceptualised, interpreted and practiced in the context of a national professional development programme in England?
Anna Thoren Ninitha Maivorsdotter Mikael Quennerstedt
Gillian O'Sullivan Fiona Chambers Deirdre Brennan Wesley O'Brien
Kyriaki Makopoulou Ross Neville Gary Thomas
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 15:30-17:00, Room: E5.21, Chair: Oliver Hooper
- Learning to Mentor in Sports Coaching: A Design Thinking Approach
- A Portuguese Case Study Conversation: Mentorship in Handball
- An Irish Case Study Conversation: Mentorship in Gaelic Games
- Using a Design Thinking Framework to Optimise Learning in Mentoring Conversations in Sports Coach Education
Fiona Chambers Joao Costa Marcos Onofre Wesley O'Brien Brian Cuthbert . . Rachel Sandford
Joao Costa Wesley O'Brien Marcos Onofre
Wesley O'Brien Brian Cuthbert
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 17:15-18:45, Room: E5.21, Chair: Maud Hietzge
- “Dance makes me feel joyful” - The role of dance in the lives of children with special needs.
- Embodiment as experienced through dancing in Finnish physical education
- The Effect of a 8 Week Dance-based Physical Education Intervention On Pupils’ Reading Comprehension
Anna-Maria Nurmi Anna Rytivaara
Kyriaki Makopoulou Ross Neville Bethany Grice
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: D0.03, Chair: Ann Quennerstedt
- Children rights and social inclusion of orphan children in residential care institutions: a project in Shkoder Municipality
- Access and Opportunity: Care Experienced Youths’ Experiences of Sport and Physical Activity
- Telling the Whole Story? Using Narratives to Explore Care Experienced Youth’s Experiences of Sport/PA
Elena Pacetti Visar Dizdari Bujanë Topalli
Rachel Sandford Thomas Quarmby Rebecca Duncombe Oliver Hooper Chloe Woodhouse
Rachel Sandford Thomas Quarmby Rebecca Duncombe Oliver Hooper
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: E5.21, Chair: Joao Costa
- The Changing-room in Physical Education as Cross Roads between Fields and Curricula: The Experiences of Norwegian Students
- How are institutional environment students’ sporting habits affected in Central and Eastern Europe?
- Sense of Belonging as Pathway to Citizenship and Participation? A Critical Analysis From the Discourses of Athletes in Sport Contexts
- Participation In Sport And Prosocial Orientation, Morality And Aggression Among High School Students: Effect Of Gender And Type Of Sport
Kjersti Mordal Moen Knut Westlie Eivind Skille
David Rabai Klára Kovács Marianna Moravecz
Teresa Silva Dias António Fonseca Isabel Menezes
Olivera Radovic Senka Kostić Aleksandra Ogarevic Dejan Gašić
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 12:00-13:30, Room: E5.21, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- Network Meeting - NW 18
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: E5.21, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- CREATEing Research with Children and Young People: Values, Voice and Ethics
Fiona Chambers Rachel Sandford Lee Schaefer Oliver Hooper Joanne Moles
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 15:30-17:00, Room: E5.21, Chair: Antonio Calderón
- The problem of (unclear) boundaries between Physical Education (PE) and Physical Activity (PA) in compulsory education
- A picture of health? Using drawings to explore pupils’ conceptions of healthy, active lifestyles
- What were you thinking? A methodological approach for exploring decision-making and learning in physical education.
Jorunn Spord Borgen Knut Løndal Bjørg Oddrun Hallås Kjersti Mordal Moen Egil Galaaen Gjølme
Oliver Hooper Jo Harris Lorraine Cale
Eirik Aarskog Dean Barker Jorunn Spord Borgen
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 15:30-17:00, Room: F5.05, Chair: Göran Gerdin
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 17:15-18:45, Room: E5.20, Chair: Marie Öhman
- Children active mobility and autonomy: a conceptual model arising from an Italian case study
- Bodies in Science Education
- Schools, Learning and Mental Health: Examining the role of Physical Education
Antonio Borgogni Monia Arduini
Liv Kondrup Kristensen
Linda Røset Ken Green Miranda Thurston Thorsteinn Sigurjònsson
18 SES 14, Researching Social Justice and Health (in)Equality across different School Health and Physical Education Contexts
Friday, 2018-09-07, 09:00-10:30, Room: E5.21, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- Researching Social Justice and Health (in)Equality across different School Health and Physical Education Contexts
- Conceptualising social justice: What theoretical perspective(s) may provide new knowledge to the HPE field?
- Teaching for social justice in HPE – addressing social democratic principles and cultural privilege/marginalisation
- Using Critical Incident Technique Methodology to explore socially-critical teaching practices in HPE
Göran Gerdin Wayne Smith Kjersti Mordal Moen Knut Westlie Lena Larson Katarina Schenker Fiona Chambers Rod Philpot Maureen Legge Susanne Linnér Marie Öhman
Kjersti Mordal Moen Knut Westlie
Göran Gerdin Wayne Smith Rod Philpot Maureen Legge
Lena Larsson Katarina Schenker Susanne Linnér
Friday, 2018-09-07, 13:30-15:00, Room: E5.21, Chair: Fiona Chambers
- Trends in physical education and active schools: Implications for future research and how this might shape EU policy
Fiona Chambers Claude Scheuer
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.