02 SES 08 B, Symposium: Developing, Not Overthrowing – Policy Learning
Introduction and development of apprenticeship as a new form of initial and continuing vocational training in the school based VET system of Lithuania raises a lot of interesting and challenging methodological questions of policy learning: To what extent the school based VET system which experienced a range of institutional reforms and transitions can create favourable institutional conditions for the introduction and development of apprenticeship? How the experience of cooperation between VET providers and enterprises in organisation of practical training can be used for the introduction and development of apprenticeship in the VET system? What is the potential for policy learning from the experiences of other countries (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands) in this field? What are the main factors that limit or hinder the application of such policy learning? The authors of paper will try to answer these questions by outlining and analysing the methodological approach of policy learning used in the Leonardo da Vinci Transfer of Innovations project ‘Development of Apprenticeship in Lithuania referring to Experience form Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Netherlands’ (DEVAPPRENT).
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.