22 SES 13 D, Critical Thinking in Higher Education
Changes in information behavior require new competencies among teachers and learners. Learning to learn and to validate information from different sources will increasingly become a great challenge for learners and educators in future. So today critical thinking should be extended to include a digital component. This competence, digital critical literacy, is one of the most important educational objectives institutions like schools or universities. It implies more reflection, analysis and evaluating information and media. These abilities are vital components of education programmes generally and in teacher education programmes specifically because of the crucial role teachers play in supporting this form of literacy. So teaching to teach critical thinking and digital critical literacy is absolutely necessary in teacher education. The key issues in this study relate to how these competencies are integrated into teacher education programmes, what the core abilities of student teachers are in this field and how is critical thinking implemented in teacher education in Germany?
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.