22 SES 11A, Moving into Higher Education: Studies in Transitions
• Ambrósio, T. et al (2006), Projecto Telos II – Aprendizagem ao Longo da Vida: Efeitos em Diplomados de Ensino Superior, POCTI/CED/46747/2002, Monte de Caparica, UIED-FCT/UNL; • Ammermüller, A. (2005), "Educational Opportunities and the Role of Institutions", Research Memoranda 004, Maastricht, ROA; • Belley, Ph. & Lochner, L. (2007), “The Changing Role of Family Income and Ability in Determining Education Achievement”, NBER Working Paper nº 13527; •Black, S. et al (2003), "Why the apple doesn’t fall far: understanding intergenerational transmission of human capital", American Economic Review 95(1), 437-449; • Box-Steffensmeier, J. & Christopher Zorn (1998), "Duration Models and Proportional Hazards in Political Science", Department.of Political Science, Ohio State University, Columbus; • Burgess, S., Gardiner, K. & Propper, C. (2001), "Growing up: School, family and area influences on adolescents’ later life chances", Casepaper 49, CASE, London, London School of Economics; • Chagas Lopes, M. & Medeiros, J. (2004), "School Failure and Intergenerational "Humam Capital" Transmision in Portugal", paper presented to the ECER 2004 Conference, University of Galos, Crete, 22-24 September; • Chagas Lopes, M. et al. (2005), Trajectórias Escolares, Inserção Profissional e e Desigualdades Laborais : uma análise de género, Lisbon, Portuguese Agency for Science and Technology (http://www.fct-mces.pt ); • Chagas Lopes, M. (2007), “Time to Complete a Post-graduation: some evidence on “school effect” upon ISCED 7 trajectories”, paper presented to the ECER 2007 Conference, University of Ghent, 19-21 September; • Chevalier, A., Parental Education and Child’s Education: a natural experiment, Bonn, IZA DP nº 1153. http://www.iza.org/index_html • CNE (2002), Sucesso e Insucesso no Ensino Superior Português, Lisbon, Conselho Nacional de Educação. • Direcção Geral do Ensino Superior (2005), Condições Sócio-Económicas dos Estudantes do Ensino Superior em Portugal, Lisbon, Ministry of Science and Tertiary Education; •Dolado, J. & Morales, E. (2007), “Which Factors Determine Academic Performance of Undergraduate Students in Economics ? Some Spanish Evidence”, Documento de Trabalho nº 23; • Garson, D. (2005), Statnotes: An Introduction to Multivariate Analysis, Statistic Solutions ( http://www.statisticssolutions.com ); • Grácio, S. & Sacuntala de Miranda, (1977), "Insucesso escolar e origem social: resultados de um inquérito-piloto", Lisbon, Análise Social, vol.XIII, 51. • Hassink, W. & Kiiver, H. (2007), “Age-dependent Effects of Socio-Economic Background on Educational Attainment – Evidence from Germany”, Tjalling C. Koopmans Research Institute, Discussion Paper nº 26; • Hillmert, S. & Jacob, M. (2004), "Social Inequalities in Education: in search of a life-course perspective", ISA Conference, Rio de Janeiro; • Hobcraft, J. (2000), "The roles of schooling and educational qualifications in the emergence of adult social exclusion", London, LSE Casepaper nº 43; • Kachigan, S. (1986), Statistical Analysis – An Interdisciplinary Introduction to Univariate & Multivariate Methods, New York, Radius Press; • Lawless, J. (1982), Statistical Models and Methods for Lifetime Data, New York, Wiley & Sons; • Leão Fernandes, G. et al (2004), ‘’Skill development patterns and their impact on reemployability: evidence for Portugal", TLM.NET Conference Managing Social Risks through Transitional Labour Markets, SISWO, University of Amsterdam; • Noyes, A. (2003), "School transfer and social relocation", International Studies in Sociology of Education, XIII (3); •OECD (2006), Reviews of National Policies for Education – Tertiary Education in Portugal: Examiners’ Report, Paris, OECD – Directorate for Education /Education Committee (06/12/2006); • Plug, E. (2002), "How do parents raise the educational attainment of future generations?", Bonn, IZA DP nº65; • Sá, C., Florax, R. & Rietveld, P. (2007), “Living arrangements and university decisions of Dutch young adults”, NIPE Working Paper 14, Braga, Universidade do Minho; • São Pedro, M. E. & Castanheira, C. (1987), A origem sócio-económica do aluno e o sucesso escolar, Lisbon, GEP/ministério da Educação; • Strauss, J., & Thomas, D. (1995), "Human resources: empirical modelling of household and family decisions", (J. R. Berhman and T.N. Srinavasan eds.) Handbook of Development Economics, Volume III, Amsterdam, North Holland.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.