22 SES 11C, Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (Part 6)
Crossan, B., Field, J., Gallacher, J. and Merrill, B. (2003) Understanding Participation in Learning for Non-traditional Adult Learners: learning careers and the construction of learning identities, British Journal of Sociology of Education, 24(1), 55-67 Lave J and Wenger E (1991) Situated Learning: Legitimate Peripheral Participation, Cambridge:CUP Lave, J. (1997) The Culture of Acquisition and the Practice of Understanding in: Kirshner, D. and Whitson. J.A. (Eds) Situated Cognition: Social Semiotic, and Psychological Perspectives (Mawah, LEA) O’Donnell, V. and Tobbell, J. (2007) The transition of adult students to Higher Education: legitimate peripheral participation in a community of practice? Adult Education Quarterly , 57(4), 312-328 O’Donnell, V., Tobbell, J., and O’Neill, M. (2008) Exploring practice and participation in transition to post-graduate social science study – an ethnographic study, York:HEA O’Donnell, V., Tobbell, J., and O’Neill, M. (in press) Transition to postgraduate study: practice, participation and the widening participation agenda, Active Learning in Higher Education Wenger, E. (1998) Communities of Practice, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.