08 SES 05.5 PS, General Poster Session
General Poster Session
In Poland, health education and health promotion are not universally recognized. Courses in health promotion are provided but mainly in medical schools. In recent years, specialties related to health promotion and health education have also started to appear in the humanities in public and private colleges, although they are still rare. The University of Silesia is the only university pursuing a degree in the specialty of Health Pedagogy in Poland. For this reason, we diagnose and evaluate the implementation of the specialty. The analysis is based on the concept of health presented internationally by Aaron Antonovsky and disseminated in Poland by Barbara Woynarowska, Ewa Syrek and Irena Heszen-Niejodek.
The research questions are:
- How has the University of Silesia Health Pedagogy programme evolved since 2001?
- How is it related to Antonovky’s theoretical framework?
- How do learning outcomes relate to the Bologna process?
- How is the programme evaluated by the students?
- What career destinations do students achieve?
ANTONOVSKY A.: Unraveling the Mystery of Health. How People Manage Stress and Stay Well. San Francisco, Jossey-Bass 1987. ANTONOVSKY A.: Complexity, conflict, chaos, coherence, coercion and civility. “Social Science Medicine” 1993, no 37, pp. 969-981. EWLES L., SIMNETT I.: Promoting Heath. A practical guide. Edinburgh, Bailliere Tindall 2003. GREEN L. W., KREUTER M. W.: Health promotion planning: An educational and environmental approach. Mountain View, Mayfield Publishing Company 1991. HESZEN-NIEJODEK I.: Poland: Psychology in country under transformation. W: Handbook of International Psychology. M. STEVENS, D. WEDDING (ed.). New York, Brunne-Routledge, 2004. JENSEN B.B., SIMOVSKA V.: Involving students in learning and heath promotion process – clarifying why?what? and how?, „IUHPE – Heath Promotion and Education” 2005, no 3-4, pp. 150-156. KENNEDY A., GASK L., ROGERS A.: Training professionals to engage with and promote self-management. “Health Education Research” 2005, no. 5, pp. 567-578. Psychologia zdrowia. I. HESZEN-NIEJODEK, H. SĘK (ed.). Warszawa, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, 1997. SYREK E.: Pedagogika zdrowia – zarys obszarów badawczych. W: Edukacja zdrowotna. E. SYREK. K. BORZUCKA – SITKIEWICZ. Warszawa, Wydawnictwa Akademickie i Profesjonalne 2009. SYREK E.: Zdrowie i wychowanie a jakość życia. Perspektywy i humanistyczne orientacje poznawcze. Katowice, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Śląskiego, 2008. WOYNAROWSKA B.: Edukacja zdrowotna. Warszawa, Wydawnictwo PWN, 2007.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.