22 SES 07 A, Inequality and Diversity in Higher Education Settings
According to Meek and Suwanwela (2006),there is an increasing interest for global governance concerning human rights and collective social responsibility in higher education. In European Union this means political endorsement of equitable accessto higher education, as well as student-centered and empowering teaching methods (The Bologna Process 2020). Our theoretical starting point is that one aspect of empowerment is making different cultural groups of students more visible in different arenas: educational practices, political discussion as well as in research (Sue & Sue 2002; Nelson-Jones 2002).
Meek, V. L. & Suwanwela, C. (Eds). 2006. Higher Education, Research, and Knowledge in the Asia-Pacific Region. Gordonsville, VA, USA: Palgrave Macmillan. Nelson-Jones, R. 2002. Diverse goals for multicultural counselling and therapy. Counselling Psychology Quarterly 15 (2), 133-143. Sue, D.W. & Sue, D. 2002. Counseling the Culturally Diverse: Theory and Practice. Fourth edition. New York: Wiley. The Bologna Process 2020 - The European Higher Education Area in the new decade. 2009. Communiqué of the Conference of European Ministers Responsible for Higher Education,Leuven and Louvain-la-Neuve, 28-29 April 2009. Tight, M. 2003. Researching higher education. Birkshire, UK: The society for research into higher education and Open University Press.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.