22 SES 11 A, Developing Doctorateness
We report here on a diagnostic tool for improving doctoral supervision that supervisors in training at Lund University use to develop strategies for supporting their student’s learning. The tool has been developed by combining two theoretical models, an empirically generated model of orientations to doctoral supervision (Lee, 2008) and a meta-perspective on professional learning (Dall'Alba & Sandberg, 2006), with supervision strategies that has emerged in our study of supervisors in training. In this session we will present the tool and how it has been developed in our workshops for supervisors. Such workshops are mandatory for doctoral supervisors at Lund University and are held across all eight faculties as well as within single faculties. The number of supervisors that has attended is exceeding 500. We will also demonstrate how we use the tool to help supervisors explore their supervision strategies and departmental practices for doctoral education.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.