20 SES 10, Arts Based Educational Inquiry
Parallel Paper Session
There are still fewer teachers with disabilities teaching in UK classrooms than would be representative of the population as a whole. Some teachesr with disabilities still encounter ignorance and prejudice during their time in teacher education. This paper explores these experiences from the perspective of a group of beginning teachers studying at a University in the North of England. As well as illuminating the experiences of this group of teachers early in their career the narratives offer a challenge to those who work in teacher education. This is the challenge to see such a group of teachers as offering a wide range of skills and expertise that may not be available within the non disabled population.
Clandinin, J and Connelly M (2000) Narrative Inquiry: Experience and Story in Qualitative Research, John Wiley and Sons: San Francisco MacKeith, M. (2011) Taking the Time: Essays, Poems and Writing, Inclusive Solutions: Nottingham
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.