06 SES 14, Key Concepts and Key Issues in Learning, Education, Media and Culture II
Symposium, Part 2
The paper presents an analysis of the use of wiki and ontologies within the framework of Russian educational project Letopisi.ru. The main aim of the project is to help students and teachers from different areas of Russia and other countries to 'play' in wiki spaces in order to understand this environment for their research and other educational activities. Currently Letopisi.ru is a huge multimedia archive and an experimental playground, where people from different regions can experiment with modern methods of collective storage, retrieval, editing and classification of texts, photos, audio, video. Wiki is the most simple environment to learn how to collaborate with other people. Any collaboration involves a shared understanding of the system within which the collaboration takes place. The main purpose of producing an ontology is providing a common language for sharing and re-using knowledge within the problem domain between users with different experience. It is possible to reduce the high learning curve of semantic technologies for educators and students by using semantic wiki. MediaWiki with Semantic MediaWiki extension is the mostly simple environment to learn how to collaborate with other people and software agents.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.