02 SES 13 B, Quality Assessment Systems and the Formation of Local Quality Work
A core element in the formation of a quality assessment system is the development of a set of indicators measuring performance. Indicators might be regarded as multipurpose devices, producing information for a number for different actors, different governance levels, different purposes; control, steering, audit and development. The collection of information from students and apprentices on their perceptions of learning quality, learning environment, and learning outcomes are important elements of the emerging quality assessment framework in Norway. The paper aims at studying the construction of the socalled Apprentices Survey, focusing on tensions involved in the formation of such an instrument in a hybrid VET system where apprentice training is embedded in a comprehensive upper secondary school system. The apprentice survey is analysed according to four different elements; targeting of measurement points, selection of indicators, data collection procedures and quality of performance measurement. Different types of use will require a different mix of considerations regarding to criteria like validity, reliability and legitimacy. The paper aims to analyse the character and content of the instrument in relation to two different domains (education and apprentice training in the form) and two different types of use in relation to criteria like validity, reliability and legitimacy.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.