The most important development was ECER2023 of course! We had the pleasure to meet again in-person and have an in-person Network 14 meeting.
Among the highlights of this year's conference for the Network:
- Joint sessions with:
- Network 4 (Inclusive Education) – Symposium on Teaching Practices and Social Justice, Inclusion and Equity in Multi-grade Classrooms in Europe, convened by Cath Gristy and Begoña Vigo Arrazola.
- Network 5 (Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education) - Paper session on Challenges and Opportunities in Neighbourhoods convened by Dennis Beach
- Network 24 (Mathematics Education Research) - Paper session on Science Education convened by Paul Flynn Two research workshops
- Discussion around Rural Education Research convened by Laurence Lasselle and Robyn Henderson
- A Transformational Community of Inquiry for the School Community convened by Maria Papathanasiou
- Two symposia:
- The first symposium was convened by Tanya Ovenden-Hope. It was about Place-based Inequality for Schools: International Considerations for a More Inclusive Education System.
- The second symposium was convened by Cath Gristy and Begoña Vigo Arrazola. It was about Teaching Practices and Social Justice, Inclusion and Equity in Multi-grade Classrooms in Europe
- And of course, the fantastic efforts of the local organisation team and the EERA office!