Annual Report 2013, Istanbul
This year 107 proposals had been received in the first round . There were 13 re-directed proposals from the other networks in the second round. So we received in total 120 proposals. More than 5 applications were from following countries: Sweden, Norway, Australia, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain and Belgium. There were less than 5 proposals from countries in other parts of Europe.
Network 7 had a full program in Istanbul existing of two parallel sessions during the whole conference.
Network 7 has always valued collaborations with other networks. This year there were 4 joint sessions with these networks: Network 20 [ Research in innovative intercultural learning environments; Network 19 [Ethnography] and Network 26 [Educational Leadership].
The topics at the conference were:
- intercultural education
- linguistic diversity
- identity policies
- social justice and schoolleader perspectives
- Roma people
- Roma education
- intercultural perspectives in educational policies
- intercultural educational practices
- social justice practices
- teacher perceptions
- gender awareness
- education and identity formation
- social justice, achievement and cultural difference
- international encounters
- distributive justice
- language: policies and perspectives
- ethnograpy in Nordic context
- non formal intercultural learning
- identities in the margin
- challenges of diversity in pre-service teacher education.