07 SES 14 B, Educating the Fringes of Europe: The Urban Boundaries Project
The present contribution analyses the actions undertaken in the 'ALBOLAFIA Learning Community', between the years 2010 to 2013, where a project aimed to overcome social and educational exclusion was developed. This project involves social and cultural transformation of a school and its environment, and it is based on a dialogical approach to learning through a community participatory education. This school – ALBOLAFIA primary school – is located in a suburb of Córdoba city, and is characterized by high rates of poverty, marginalization and a soaring risk of social exclusion. Involved in this transformative process are several national institutions, NGOs and volunteers with different expertises. The University of Cordoba, through the 'Classroom Education Improvement', has been responding to the demands posed by the school itself, with volunteers (teachers and students) in various continued interventions in the context. In this paper we describe several synergies generated in this process that made us questioning about how the transformation of the school itself is influencing the neighbourhood and the city context.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.