10 SES 13 D, Professional Identity In Physical Education Teacher Education
The practicum is a milestone in the construction of the physical educators professional identity. It can be the first important transition in Professional identity, one of the many they will experience along their professional life. It is a crossroad of, at least, three main socialization forces. On the one hand, student teachers embodied a set of images, knowledge and beliefs that are part of their personal identity. Secondly, they have received several modules of their initial teacher education and it is suppose that they have to perform in schools settings accordingly. Finally, school settings themselves have their particular interpretation of how a pre-service teacher should act and behave. These three forces imply tensions and constant negotiation that makes this experience so fruitful but also so threatening, what may lead into constant superficial change without revisiting the real roots of the teacher identity. In this paper we want to focus the attention to the opportunity of making this transition working collaboratively with mentors, supervisors and university mates. The paper will present the model used in the Faculty of Education at Palencia campus, and particularly the group seminars, as a “space free of menaces” to reflect on the demands of the teacher profession.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.