22 SES 07 D, Responding to Theoretical, Analytical and Methodological Challenges in Higher Education Research- Alternative Approaches
Historically, and in all societies, universities are institutions supposed to perform some basic functions consigned to them by society through political power, economic pattern, social expectations, and external influences. The functions and their combination and priority result from the specific history of education, science, culture, and ideology of individual countries and regions. One of the functions of the university is research. The establishment of a strong research infrastructure has become more than ever a sine qua non in this competitive and globalized world. Sub-Saharan Africa is lagging behind from the rest of the world in its research productivety not only because of lack of a strong research infrastructure caused by weak economic performance but also due to the inability and lack of self-esteem and the strong hegemonic external influences. This paper will argumentatively analyze the research landsacpe in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.