22 SES 03 A, Change in Society, Change in Higher Education Institutions: Insights from Accademics
HG, HS 33
SANCHO JUANA M
Agnès van Zanten
The Finnish higher education system has undergone plenty of changes during last 15 years. The consequence of the rapid expansion of higher education is that the number of students has grown 45 % and the number of PhDs has tripled between1992-2007. However, the number of teachers has grown only by 0,5 %. Universities have also faced other challenges. For example, the non-budgetary funding has become increasingly important for financing of the universities and the salary system has changed. Thus, the strains towards academics have grown a lot. In this paper we discuss findings from surveys conducted by FUURT (Finnish Union of University Researches and Teachers) in 2001, 2004 and 2007. We study changes in academics’ well-being in work in 21st century Finland. Dimensions of academics’ detrimental work-stress were constructed with the help of principal component analysis. The differences between academic professional groups were analyzed by using both parametric and non-parametric methods.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.