22 SES 03 A, Change in Society, Change in Higher Education Institutions: Insights from Accademics
HG, HS 33
SANCHO JUANA M
Agnès van Zanten
Just like most social organizations, higher education institutions are undergoing fundamental structural changes which are deeply affecting scholars' identity, working life and working conditions. At the moment, one of these transformations is closely related to the construction of the European Space for Higher Education. The new situations confronted by academics have inspired a good number of studies. However, most studies have been carried out from a structural perspective in which scholars' views about their working conditions, their expectations and concerns are collected through statistic-based questionnaires, or not taken into account at all. This fact underpins the research project this paper builds on: The Impact of Social Change in Higher Education Staff, Professional Life and Work. (Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia. SEJ2006-01876. 2006-2009), whose main aim is to explore and understand how scholars establish a dialog with, resist, adapt themselves to or adopt changes and how they construct their professional identities, throughout the development of 24 professional life histories. In this paper we discuss how part of these 24 faculties are dealing with the new situations brought about construction of the European Space for Higher Education.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.