22 SES 03 A, Change in Society, Change in Higher Education Institutions: Insights from Accademics
HG, HS 33
SANCHO JUANA M
Agnès van Zanten
The European Higher Education Area is a reality we have to bear in mind. A reality that means, among other things, change the roots of Higher Education. Furthermore the Bologna Process offers a new scenario in which the role of universities should be rethink. And within them, and more specifically, the role of teachers and students. In this framework is assumed that what students do is more important than what the teachers do but this doesn’t mean that what teachers do is not worthy. From this point of view, achieving an enhanced doctoral experience in practice represents a measurable achievement of the Bologna Process. Through a case study of one doctoral student, we begin to chart some of the positive ramifications that are now being enabled within the European Space for Higher Education and, potentially, beyond. We consider briefly issues of internationalisation, standards and standardisation of degree credit ratings, collaboration and competition, and language and writing.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.