ERG SES D 07, Research in Education
One of the problems affecting the educational processes and school´s goals is undiscipline of pupils and students. This trend is global and many authors and researchers are concerned with this theme. Researches and publications focusing on these issues most often describe the reasons of undiscipline (Amado & Freire, 2009; Bendl, 2011;), examples of school undiscipline (Kolář, 2001; Yang & Schaninger, 2010) or consequences of undiscipline (Šimoník, 1994; Bendl, 2001; Witt & Lessing, 2013).
This is advisable to address directly to the target group - pupils and students for obtaining relevant data. Their view of the un/discipline and self assessment allows us to construct appropriate measuring tool (Muir, 2005; Voňková, H., Bendl, S., Papajoanu, 2015).
Our ongoing research is focused on the target group - pupils from 8th and 9th grades of primary schools (ISCED 2, age of pupils 13 – 15 years). We are interested in their insight into the issues of un/discipline during the lessons. Next target group are teachers of these pupils. They added information and offered the view from the other insight.
We are interested in answers to the following questions:
What forms of behavior do pupils indicate as an undiscipline (offenses against school rules, disrespectful and inconvenient behavior)?
Are there differences in the evaluation of undiscipline among the pupils of 8th and 9th grades (different people perceive one thing diferently? Do all students evaluate (regardless of differences in schools - size, location) undiscipline identically?
Are there differences in the evaluation of undiscipline among the pupils and their teachers?
Our research will continue in the following months. Founding data will be applied to construct a research tool for measuring indiscipline.
• Amado, J. et. Freire, I. (2009). Indisciplina(s) na escola. Compreender para prevenir. Coimbra: Almedina. Lisboa: Livraria Almedina. • Au, N., Lorgelly, P. (2014). Anchoring vignettes for health comparisons: an analysis of response consistency. Springer Science + Business Media. • Bago d’Uva, T., van Doorslaer, E., Lindeboom, M., & O’Donnell, O. (2008). Does reporting heterogeneity bias the measurement of health disparities? Health Economics, 17(3), 351-375. • Bendl, S. (2001). Školní kázeň. Praha: ISV. • Bendl, S. (2011). Školní nekázeň v teorii a praxi. Praha: Triton. • Kolář, M. (2001). Bolest šikanování. Praha: Portál. • King, G., Murray, Ch., Salomon, J., Tandon A. (2004). Enhancing the validity and cross-cultural comparability of measurement in survey research. American Political Science Revie, 98(1), 191-207. • Muir, M. (2005). Assessment for Closing the Achievement Gap. Research Brief, Education Partnerships. • Šimoník, O. (1994). Začínající učitel: některé pedagogické problémy začínajících učitelů. Brno: Spisy Pedagogické Fakulty Masarykovy Univerzity v Brně. • Vonková, H., Hullegie, P. (2011). Is the Anchoring Vignette Method Sensitive to the Domain and Choice of the Vignette? Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A., 174(3), 597-620. • Voňková, H. (2012). Metoda ukotvujících vinět a možnosti použití v pedagogice [online]. Orbis Scholae, 6(1), 27-40. • Voňková, H. (2013). Subjektivní hodnocení problémů s pohybem: Užití parametrického modelu metody ukotvujících vinět. Orbis Scholae, 7(1), 49-66. • Vonkova, H., Bendl, S., Papajoanu, O. (2015). How students report dishonest behavior in school:Self-assessment and anchoring vignettes. Journal of Experimental Education, forthcoming. • Witt, M., Lessing. A (2013). The value of continuous professional development: Teachers' perceptions. South African Journal of Education, 27(1), 53-67. • Yang, Z., Schaninger, CH. (2010). The Impact of Parenting Strategies on Child Smoking Behavior: The Role of Child Self-Esteem Trajectory. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 29(2), 232-247.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.