Network: 13. Philosophy of Education (Standard submissions & Long Papers)
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 13:15-14:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Paulus Julius Smeyers
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 15:15-16:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 17:15-18:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Ian Munday
- Education Without Condition
- Beyond the Educational Machine: Towards a Non-representational or 'Trinary' Theory of Education
- Studying /with/in/ ruins. Speculative fabulation for university futures
Deborah Osberg Gert Biesta
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
- On Hospitality in Educational Research: Inviting Scale to the Frame
- Inquiry-based Education and the Method of Discussion. On Dewey, Post-Truth and Trump’s pragmatism
- The Un-a-voidable Void of Research: A Philosophical Intervention Into The Current Research Methodologies in Education
Samira Alirezabeigi Tyson Lewis
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.05, Chair: Lovisa Bergdahl
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
- I can’t take my eyes off of you: Visualisations and Visions of Educational Research
- The Intellectual Frame of Philosophy, Literature and Education: Defining a Practice, Mapping a Field
- A Naturalistic Approach To Knowledge In Educational Research. Basing Interpretation Of Qualitative Data On Donald Davidson's Theories Of Knowledge.
Ian Munday Ben Williamson
Liam Francis Gearon Emma Williams
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Ian Munday
- The Work of Values: A Post-Critical Pedagogical Response
- “I Should be Publishing Now”. The public dimension(s) of doctoral studying
- Teaching with Deleuze: The Politics of a Pedagogy of Interruption
Elisabet Langmann Lovisa Bergdahl
Lavinia Marin Maarten Simons
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 17:15-18:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Patrick Geffard
- The ‘crisis’ in education: researching included and excluded subjectivities through a European Strategic Partnership.
- “Feeling At Home”: The Significance of Recollection, Everyday Life and Dreams for the Construction of Life Projects.
- Clinical Tools as Response to the Other’s Exclusion in the Field of Education and Educators’ Training: a psychoanalytically oriented approach
Mej Hilbold Caroline Pelletier
Anna Aluffi Pentini
Stefania Ulivieri Stiozzi Laurence Gavarini
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Gert Biesta
- Is There A Need For The Rediscovery Of Teaching?
- “Cunctando restituit rem”: Teaching, Grown-Up-Ness And The Impulse Society
- Affirmation, Love, And Thing-Centeredness: Towards An Immanent Ontology of Teaching
- The Craft, Practice, And Possibility Of Teaching
Gert Biesta Piotr Zamojski Bianca Thoilliez Paul Otto Brunstad Stefano Oliverio
Paul Otto Brunstad Stefano Oliverio
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 12:00-13:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Paulus Julius Smeyers
- Network Meeting - NW 13
Paulus Julius Smeyers
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Stefano Oliverio
- Moral Space and Wellbeing: A Phenomenological Exploration
- The Dark Side of the Exceptional. Including Negative Emotions toward Role Models in Moral Education.
- The State, the Nation and Political Education in Arendt
Ariele Niccoli Maria Silvia Vaccarezza
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.05, Chair: Lovisa Bergdahl
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Stefano Oliverio
- Power Politics and Social Justice – notion of Political (In)Justice for Democratic Education
- Profanation and Biopolitics in Teaching: On inhabiting a place in the Common
- The Practical Meanings of Doing Philosophy of Education Based on Dewey's Pragmatism
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.05, Chair: Lovisa Bergdahl
- The Philosophy of Public Pedagogy and its Contribution to Sustainability Challenges
- The university from an ecological point of view. Idea, organization, practice.
- The Thing of Education
Carl Anders Säfström
Thomas Aastrup Rømer
13 SES 13 B, Mindfulness is Not Educational and "Diving for pearls": Thoughts on pedagogical theory and practice.
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 17:15-18:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Stefano Oliverio
- Mindfulness is not educational
- Diving for pearls. Thoughts on pedagogical theory and practice.
Morten Timmermann Korsgaard
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 17:15-18:45, Room: E3.31, Chair: Kerry Chappell
- New Materialism in STEM Education
- Making the Case for a Material-Dialogic Pedagogy for Practical Science
- Entangling Matter and Gender in the Teaching and Learning of Chemistry
- Lifeworld story of rocks in a New Zealand primary science classroom
Hetherington Lindsay Hardman Mark Scantlebury Kathryn Otrel-Cass Kathrin n. n. Kerry Chappell Carol Taylor Wegerif Rupert Milne Catherine Hussenius Anita
Hetherington Lindsay Hardman Mark Wegerif Rupert
Scantlebury Kathryn Milne Catherine Hussenius Anita
Friday, 2018-09-07, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
- Notes in/on education
- “Why aren’t you taking any notes?” On student's note-taking as displacement of the voice
- Entering the world with notes. Reclaiming the practices of lecturing and studying
Joris Vlieghe Lewis Tyson Piotr Zamojski Lavinia Marin Morten Korsgaard
Piotr Zamojski Vlieghe Joris
Friday, 2018-09-07, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Rauno Huttunen
- After Postmodernism In Educational Theory?
- At the Wake, or the Return of Metaphysics
- Declarations of the Death Knell of Postmodernism
- Postmodern as Secularisation in Philosophy of Education
Rauno Huttunen Michael Peters Leena Kakkori Tina Besley Johan Dahlbeck Sharon Todd
Michael Peters Tina Besley
Leena Kakkori Rauno Huttunen
Friday, 2018-09-07, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Paul Standish
- “When Are We Ever At Home?”: Nostalgia for the Future, for Europe and Elsewhere
- Exile and Inclusion: The Concept of Belonging in Albert Camus’ “Exile and the Kingdom”
- From Heidegger to translation and the address of the other
- Nostalgia and Nihilism in the West: Revaluating the Contribution of Migrants
- On Nostalgia: Standing at the National Museum of Korea
SunInn Yun SoYoung Lee Marinete Araujo da Silva Fobister Alison Mary Brady Paul Standish Ian Munday
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.