22 SES 10 A, Higher Education Graduates at the World of Work - the Story Continues (part 2)
Symposium, Continued from 22 SES 09 A
The transition from university to working life has been quite easy for most graduates in Finland. However, there are graduates who have encountered difficulties in their way to the working life. The problems are usually connected with unemployment or placement in jobs which do not correspond to their qualifications. In this study, we are concentrating on those Master's degree holders who have had problems in their transition phase. We will apply both quantitative and qualitative analysis to study employment problems. We will analyze what kind of employment problems graduates have encountered five years after their graduation and how these problems are linked with graduate's age, gender, the fields of education, place of residence and to the professional orientations of their studies. Macro-level analysis is based on the surveys of the University of Joensuu graduates, who graduated in 2001-2003 (n=1333). Micro-level analysis is based on the interviews of masters who graduated in 2003 (n= 16) and who were followed five years. They were interviewed three times: one, two and five years after their graduation. By using combined methods -approach we are able to broaden the understanding about the university graduate's employment problems.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.