02 SES 13 A, Work-Based Learning: Insights Into EU-Projects And Case Studies
Parallel Paper Session
The overall purpose of this study is to explore the experiences adult students in health and social care education in upper secondary school have of encounters during practice. There have been changes in health and social care as well as in education, both in reference to organisation, pedagogy and teaching practice during the last fifteen years. The group of adult students in health and social care vary a lot regarding ethnicity, language, previous educational background and overall experiences. My research work leading to a P.h. D deals with questions concerning existential aspects of the student’s meaning- making in their encounter with practice, how care of themselves and the other takes shape and how the encounter with practice and theory will influence the identity of the students.
Theoretical framework in the study has a phenomenological-hermeneutic approach influenced by the German philosophers Hans George Gadamer, Martin Heidegger and the French philosopher Paul Ricoeur. Experience- based phenomenology, as well as the hermeneutic orientations are used in this study to gain a deeper understanding of the complexity of the student’s experiences with encounters in practice.
Paul Ricoeur Hans- Georg Gadamer Martin Heidegger
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.