02 SES 02 B, Teachers' And Trainers' Professional Development: Role Of Practice
Parallel Paper Session
In this paper we investigate the role of practice-based research and improvement in teacher learning processes. The Dutch national institute for ICT development in education (Kennisnet) has challenged colleges in secondary VET (vocational education and training) to start experimenting with IT tools and to investigate the effectiveness of these tools. Small scale projects should enhance teachers to define evaluative questions in order to learn about and eventually improve their educational practice.
Based on Ellstrom's (2008) model for interactive knowledge creation, we studied the impact of external support by researchers and educational advisers on the quality of collective learning processes in seven teacher teams. The quality of learning processes is defined by a) completion of a PDSA cycle and b) sharing knowledge within and between teacher teams.
Deming, W. E. (1986). Out of the Crisis. Boston: MIT Press. Ellström, P.E. (2008) Knowledge creation through interactive research: a learning approach. paper presented at the ECER conference. Gothenborg. Linköping: Helix/University of Linköping. Kline, S. J., & Rosenberg, N. (1986). An overview of innovation. In R. Landau & N. Rosenberg (Eds.), The positive sum strategy: harnessing technology for economic growth (pp. 275-305). Washinton DC: National Academy Press Nieuwenhuis, LFM (2012). Leven lang leren on the roc’s. een visie op werken en leren in het mbo. (Life long learning on the ROC’s. A vision on working and learning in Dutch VET.) Heerlen (NL): Open University.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.