02 SES 11 A, VET In Asia-Pacific Region: Developments, Tensions And Issues
Parallel Paper Session
There is disagreement in the literature regarding the influence of social and cultural factors on the propensity for young people to study different kinds of currriculum. This study draws upon a national data set of over 10,000 senior secondary students (Years 11 – 13) and assesses their propensity to undertake academic or vocational study, while controlling for their ethnic backgrounds, their socio-economic status (as measured by the decile of the last secondary school they attended), their gender, and their school achievement (measured at Year 11). The study also sheds light on the quality of the VET on offer, measured narrowly in terms of the progression of students to higher levels of education and training. The results are discussed in light of debates about the connection between social origins and destinations.
Work in progress. The 2011 results have only just been returned to students and we need to include this data in our analysis.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.