01 SES 11 A, Symposium: Research on Practices of Teacher Induction, Part 2
The symposium consists of two consecutive sessions (Research on Practices of Teacher Induction I and II). The first session is contributed by researchers from Australia and Northern Europe. The second part is based on the empirical research work which has been done by the members of a European network for teacher induction INNOTE (Induction of Novice Teachers). The national perspectives cover Czech Republic , Finland, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands and Slovakia. The partners come from countries with totally different induction systems and history, this enriches the quality of information gathered within this project. The second session will continue on the direction which has been indicated in the first part of the symposium. Our research question is still: how are the practices of teacher induction constituted in European countries? In the second session, however, the emphasis is more on the empirical findings. Information has been gathered in several ways. The first presentation of this session will focus on comparative analysis of induction practices in the aforementioned six European counties. The second paper will examine practices of induction of newly qualified teachers in Slovakia in more detail. The third presentation, based on a study in Czech Republic, willintroduce a theoretical model of mentoring and a typology of the mentor-mentee relationship. The fourth presentation will extend the review to ten European countries and study professional standards for teachers in through document analyses and semi-structured interviews.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.