06 SES 13, Key Concepts and Key Issues in Learning, Education, Media and Culture I
Symposium, Part 1
Along with processes of digitization, medialization and globalization of communications and lifeworlds new topics, subject matters, conceptualizations, and methods have been developed in educational research and practice. On the one hand, from a diachronical perspective we can notice how new aspects of education (Bildung), upbringing (Erziehung), learning and communication have been addressed. On the other hand, from a synchronical perspective we can see a simultaneity of the non-simultaneous in terms of understandings, approaches, methodologies, and forms of mediation and collaboration. Although more and more open initiatives and open educational resources (OER) as well as international collaborations and transnational intellectual networks are brought forward, epistemological aspects of the usage of different key concepts are widely underestimated. The paper starts (1) with an outline of selected understandings of education, learning, and literacy considering examples of various reference works, followed (2) by a discussion of critical epistemological aspects by way of contrastification and relationing conceptual dimensions. Finally (3), the contribution aims at a sketch of polylogical design principles for educational knowledge organization.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.