05 SES 10, From Babyhood To Youth: Research Methodology and Children’ Participation
Symposium<br /> Joint Session with NW 07 and 19
Psychological research and educational practice have shown that inclusion difficulties for minority groups members in school must be faced through the study and the intervention on different context levels where learning take place, instead of facing it from an individual problem perspective. This study presents how an activity system, based on 5th Dimension model, promotes educational inclusion of minority groups’ members. Through an action – research project in 3 elementary schools, 1 middle school and 3 gypsy associations, we analyze how children appropriate the micro-culture constructed in that educational project. 5th Dimension activity has been transformed by the design of a new artifact: a moodle for kids, in which children are participants in the design process, encouraging the inclusion of their interests and goals. That new artifact transforms the activity, creating a virtual social environment, with a particular micro-culture, that contributes to break the space – time barrier. Moreover, the 5th Dimension educational project approximates school and family practices. From the analysis of this virtual environment and its changes in the 5th Dimension activity, we analyze the transformation in children's school participation and their appropriation of school culture.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.