16 SES 13 B, How ICT Integrating Videos Can Improve Teacher Education and Professionalization I
Symposium, Part 1
Discussant: Frédéric Saussez
Although video training has become a major interest within educational science, studies contributing to precisely evaluate its effects on professional activity are still lacking (Leblanc & Veyrunes, 2011). Thus, we have conducted a research where beginning teachers used an online training resources device called NéoPass@ction (Picard & Ria, 2011). The collected data consist of teaching activity and interview video recordings. The results highlight that those uses: a) may impulse a transformation of their dispositions to act as they incite them to put into perspective, to enable or to disable various modes of action in a heuristic way; b) may act as a catalyst for the experience by allowing users to produce interpretative links summoning various professional knowledge; c) tend to improve their ability to analyse a practice (e.g., by identifying organizers of the activity), which is part of a reflective stance in the long run. Leblanc, S. & Veyrunes, P. (2012). Videoscopy and modelling of teaching activity. Recherche et Formation. Picard, P. & Ria, L. (2011). Neopass@ction: a training tool for beginning teachers. In P. Picard & L. Ria (Eds.), Beginning teachers: a challenge for educational systems – CIDREE Yearbook 2011 (pp. 119-130). Lyon, France: ENS de Lyon, IFE.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.