02 SES 13 A, ValNIL - A Central Innovation for European VET Systems
The meaning of informal learning is discussed broadly once more, based on the recommendation from the Council . But a lack of definition becomes visible As Eraut (2000) pointed out already, the intermixing of different modes of learning could be a cause of the problems. An example is the contraposition of informal learning and intentional learning like it is carried out by some authors . The contradiction of this type can be solved through the introduction of modes of learning e. g.: grade of institutionalization, intention of action, kind of acquirement, grade of articulation and form of organization. Informal learning should be subsumed mainly under the mode “grade of institutionalization”, which has the pole informal learning on one side and formal learning on the other side. Another relevant mode is the intention of action. This mode has the poles goal oriented learning and incidental learning. The opposition of informal and intentional learning is clarified because we speak about two different modes of learning which cannot conflict.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.