02 SES 13 A, ValNIL - A Central Innovation for European VET Systems
ValNIL contributes not only to the modernising of VET systems, especially for countries where the VET system is still expanding. Here modernizing means, in the perspective of cultural theory, to strengthen the influence of (philosophically defined) reason relative to the tradition. In particular, ValNIL should improve the functioning of the labour market. But for strongly structured VET systems ValNIL can promote “postmodernising” of the VET system. This concept is introduced in order to describe the process of opening up the existing structures for more individual pathways, thus supporting freedom of choice. The relative significance of these two concepts depends on the „employment systems“ in which the respective societal „field“ (BOURDIEU) is embedded. This theoretical model which was constructed especially for this problem will be briefly explained. The plurality of choices which people wish and partially realize should be enabled through a combination of ValNIL with phases of formal learning, either in initial or particularly in continuing VET. Thus a variety of learning outcomes can step by step be assembled to coherent qualifications which usually are the output of customary, particularly initial VET. The multiplicity of individual pathways is mirrored by, and therefore fits in with, a growing diversity of work tasks.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.