26 SES 13 B, To Learn from Similarities and Variations - Country Specific Research on Principals Role, Work and Leadership 1
Research in the field of school leadership has a relatively young tradition in the German speaking countries (as it does in many other countries, too). Since 2000 the research base has improved. This paper is based on studies by researchers from the German speaking countries. The research desiderata that exist internationally also hold true for the German speaking countries. Moreover, results from international research (particularly from the Anglo-American context) certainly cannot be simply adopted and applied, but they could be used for conducting replicative studies. Such replicative studies could provide interesting comparative perspectives. Furthermore, research about the election and recruitment of school leaders and its connection with school leader development should be emphasised. Moreover, research that takes the context and the contingency into account needs to be undertaken. Moreover, the paper argues about advances in methodology, for example using mixed methods and longitudinal and quasi-experimental designs. In addition to more complex data gathering methods, there is also a need for more refined methods of data analysis such as multi-level, growth models, structure equation modelling.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.