26 SES 10 A, Leadership for Democratic Citizenship Part 1: Changing Contexts
Spain has reduced its rates of early school leaving since 2000 but was nevertheless one of the three EU Member States having the higher average than 30% in 2009, which is far from the EU average rate (Eurostat, cited in European Commission, 2011) and from the benchmark included in the Europe 2020 strategy (namely, less than 10 % by 2020). Reducing early school leaving is considered to be essential for achieving key objectives in this European official strategy. Therefore, Spanish education system continues to face an important challenge: high rates of educational failure and early school leaving, particularly in lower secondary education. In order to help the student to success, the current Spanish Educational System allows for a wide range of programs and special measures aimed at those students in the compulsory Secondary Education level who have serious difficulties following the mainstream curriculum. The current research, with a descriptive and interpretative focus, is aimed at analysing and describing one of those special measures; the Curriculum Diversification Program (CDP) in a secondary education school from the Region of Murcia.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.