26 SES 06 A, Leading Schools Successfully: Stories from the Field
In this presentation Jacobson and Gurr will describe findings from the three USA cases, representing the states of Arizona, New York State and Texas, and the case from Mexico. The New York State and Mexico cases tell of schools in crisis which have been turned around by the leadership of a new principal and in which the turnaround has been sustained. In each case, principals with passion, belief and knowledge have, over several years been able to move the schools from ‘failing’ to at least ‘good’. From Texas there is the story of a principal who grew-up in the challenging community that she now serves as principal, and who is passionate about providing outstanding leaning opportunities for young people in this area. From Arizona there is a story of a new principal who, through an authoritative and charismatic style of leadership, was able to improve student achievement through emphasizing academic success, good behavior, and staff collaboration.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.