07 SES 11 JS, Critical Reflections on Social Justice and Equality in Education, Part II: Critical Reflections on Policies and Practices in Education
Joint Session with NW 19
The aim of the presentation is to highlight similarities in politics and practices linked to gender equality in education in Finland and Sweden from the 1970s to the 2010s with special attention on the alliance and influence of heteronormativity and marketisation. State and gender equality project documentation is analysed. Main attention in both countries has, in line with heteronormativity, been on the labour market, foremost directing girls towards science and technology, and on publicly funded and short-term projects. The results indicate that the alliance of heteronormativity and marketisation has increasingly reproduced gender as competing dichotomous categories with one sex losing to the benefit of the other.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.