10 SES 13 A, The Changing Landscapes Of Professional Knowledge: Exploring Teacher Educators' Identities in England, Norway and Holland
Since 2002, teacher educators in the Netherlands can develop a portfolio to show that they meet the professional standards as established by the Dutch Association of teacher educators. A study on the portfolio's of the first cohort (Koster, Dengerink, Korthagen & Lunenberg, 2008) showed that the teacher educators chose a practice-oriented approach to prove their competences. Within a European context of increasing policy attention from the European Commission (2013), the aim of this study, ten years on, is to examine 12 teacher educators’ portfolios written in 2012, and explore the possible consequences of social changes for the learning of teacher educators. Specifically the study seeks to address what standards teacher educators focus on, how do they learn and with whom, and what is the contribution to their professional development of following the programme? To analyse the data, we use the slightly adapted - 2002 protocol from the original study. To guarantee reliability each portfolio is analysed by two researchers. One significant outcome, compared with study ten years earlier, is that the variation in learning strategies has been extended, with a particular focus on the role of educational theory.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.