22 SES 09 C, Management and Governance in Higher Education
Bass, B.M. (1998) Transformational Leadership: Industrial, Military and Educational Impact, Mahwah, New York, Erlbaum. Bender, T. (1993) Intellect and Public Life, John Hopkins University Press. Bourdieu, P. (1991) Universal Corporatism: The Role of Intellectuals in the Modern World, Politics Today, 12:4, 655-669. Bryman, A. (2007) Effective leadership in higher education: a literature review, Studies in Higher Education, 32:6, pp. 693-710. Burns, J.M. (1978) Leadership, New York, Harper and Row Dealtry, R. (2001) Managing intellectual leadership in corporate value, Journal of Workplace Learning, 13:3, 119-124. Harman, G. (2002) Academic leaders or corporate managers?: Deans and Heads of Australian higher education, 1977 to 1997, Higher Education Management and Policy, 14, pp. 53-70 Fuller, S. (2005) The Intellectual, Icon Books, Cambridge. Furedi, F. (2005) Where have all the intellectuals gone? Confronting 21st Century Philistinism, Continuum, London. Said, E. (1994) Representations of the Intellectual, London, Vintage. Smith, D.N., Adams, J. and Mount, D. (2007) UK Universities and Executive Officers: the Changing Role of Pro-Vice-Chancellors - Final Report, Higher Education Policy Unit, University of Leeds and Evidence Ltd Tight, M. (2002) What does it mean to be a professor?, Higher Education Review, 34, pp. 15-31.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.