14 SES 12 B, Schooling in Rural/Urban Settings
This study is part of a social justice project which is focussed on access to schooling particularly in communities away from urban centres. This study looks at one element of access to school, the daily transition young people make from home to schools and particularly the journey to school by bus . In this project, the school bus is conceptualised as an agentic assemblage (Bennet, 2005) which emerges from a case study in a deprived rural community in the UK. This research reveals the school bus as a complex, troubling issue for young people and their transitions to school.
Barad, K. (2007). Meeting the universe halfway: Quantum physics and the entanglemt of matter and meaning. Durham, NC: Duke University Press. Bennet, J. (2005). The agency of assemblages and the North American blackout. Public Culture 17, 445-465. MacLure, M. (2013). Researching without representation? Language and materiality in post-qualitative methodology. International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education 26, 658-667. Mazzei, L and Jackson, A. Y. (2012) Complicating voice in a refusal to ''let participants speak for themselves''. Qualitative Inquiry, 18, 745-751. Veck, W. (2009) Listening to include, International Journal of inclusive education, 13(2), 141-155
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.