14 SES 12 A, Artifactual Literacy for the Public Good: Inciting Meaning-Making through the Artifactual
This presentation will focus on a six-month study in an urban classroom in Toronto, Canada with grade-eleven students creating multimodal compositions from concrete and digital materials. Built on the tenets and principles of design, the project looks at how teenagers move in and out of material and immaterial spaces in their production and understanding of texts. The compositions that they produce draw on themes in literature that they are studying as a part of their English program. Their compositions demonstrate tacit practices that they invoke with images and sounds for rhetorical effects and part of the presentation will involve juxtaposing their multimodal compositions with interview transcripts of their reflections on their projects. The aim of the presentation is to contribute to alternative ways of conceiving literacy pedagogy and curriculum through design and through epistemological framing of material and immaterial compositional practices.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.