08 SES 13, Health Education and Education for Sustainable Development: Key Perspectives and Challenges Related to Implementation
Discussant: Patricia McNamara
This paper investigates the coordination of action of the implementation of ESD as proposed in the UN Decade for ESD in a multilevel education system in the context of Germany. It will be introduced by describing the project’s aims, methodological underpinning, and hypothesis and the four sub-projects. Data gathering focuses on the federal state ministries as well as several municipalities who were awarded “Decade ESD community”. The overall aim of the project is to identify typical patterns or mode of governance that characterize the coordination of action of independent actors in the context of ESD and the processes surrounding the UN Decade. Particular attention is paid to the first sub-project which focuses on the implementation and adaption of the UN Decade and its suggested “partnership-alliance” and “management” approach on the national and the level of the 16 States (Bundesländer). The empirical part contains document analysis and 22 interviews with representatives from federal and state ministries, the national UNESCO Office and federal education coordination bodies. Analysis instruments as well as initial results from the document analysis are presented.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.