08 SES 13, Health Education and Education for Sustainable Development: Key Perspectives and Challenges Related to Implementation
Symposium<br> Discussant: Patricia McNamara
Since 2005, activities for sustainable transformations of educational processes and institutions have been carried out worldwide in the context of the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (DESD). The overall goal of the DESD is to integrate the values of sustainable development into education in order to promote changes in behaviour that allow for a more sustainable society for all. Thus, it is directly linked to the UN initiative Education for All. In this context, also in Germany many activities have been developed aiming to integrate Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in the education system. Against this background, the following questions can be raised: How ESD has been implemented and disseminated in various sectors of education – from kindergarten to adult education – in recent years? Why it has not been possible to establish education for sustainable development in breadth? Based on a literature study and findings of an expert meeting – involving ESD experts from science as well as educational practice from Germany, Austria and United Kingdom – the aim of the paper is to analyse the implementation process of ESD in Germany. The findings highlight, among others, the importance of education policy, the formation of educational staff and organisational development.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.