16 SES 11 A, Self-regulated Learning in Technology Enhanced Learning Environments III
Symposium, Part 3
This research project was aimed at enhancing three life skills - creativity, critical thinking and self-esteem using self-regulated learning promoted by blogs. The choice of the blog as a tool to promote self-regulated learning is based on the fact that blogs make students more aware of their learning experience (Churchill, 2009) and promote strategic thinking and cooperation (Colombo & Sala, 2011). Moreover, blogs improve self-awareness whilst improving communication (Lee,2009) stimulating the building of interpersonal relationships as well as personal commitment to online contributions. The training which involved 25 students of a master degree in management and economics, included a pre-post evaluation of the target skills. For this analysis, several standardized instruments were used, together with two questionnaires designed specifically to assess self-esteem and critical thinking. The online course was set on blogs using a narrative structure. Each episode included a number of short activities, linked to the narrative path: participants were asked to participate in a cooperative way. The narration was also enriched by metacognitive prompts. Results clearly show how the training has been effective in promoting the target skills, and also allowed to highlight their mutual influences of three different life skills.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.