27 SES 14 A, Standardizing Classroom Video Observation: Secondary Analyses of the PISA + Video Study
This article explores students’ oral presentations in lower secondary classrooms. While oral presentations involve the enactment of the students communicative skills, oral presentations also reflect students social positioning and peer group affiliation. Of the 150 videotaped lessons in the PISA+ project, 15 lessons were devoted to oral presentations. In most of these lessons the oral presentations were cross curricular projects. We have chosen one lesson for our analyses, were the students presents their project on the Romantic Era (1840 to 1855). Prior to this lesson, the students have worked with their presentations during lessons in language art and art. In this specific lesson, the students were divided into same-sex groups which provide us with the opportunity to analyse more carefully possible gendered differences when it comes to oral skills and oral presentations.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.