27 SES 14 B, Literacy and Didactics: Perspectives, Practices and Consequences II
The focus in this paper is on literacy practices in transition in relation to identities. Unaccompanied refugee boys in Sweden, are involved in a process where their identities are contested and reconstructed, a process in which literacy is a central part. Foucault’s views of identities as fluid and complex are taken as starting point and the focus is on how literacies are used in a variety of ways, in a variety of languages in contexts that are characterized by multimodality. The paper draws on results from a small-scale ethnographic study. It is shown that the boys take hold of literacy in their negotiation, manifestation and resistance in relation to identities, both identities that they are ascribed from the surrounding society and identities they themselves choose to claim.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.